Land Link Montana's approach to finding and facilitating matches is outlined below. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Application: Gathering Information
1. Farm/ranch seekers and landowners complete a Land Link Montana application. To fill out an application online, visit our partner site, Farm Hands. You can also download a paper copy of the Farm/Ranch Seeker Application (PDF) or the Landowner Application (PDF), and mail it to: Community Food & Agriculture Coalition, P.O. Box 7025, Missoula, MT 59807, ATTN: Land Link Montana.
2. A one-time fee of $30 is required for Land Seekers to cover application processing costs. Please make checks payable to the Community Food & Agriculture Coalition or visit our donation page to pay the $30 fee online.
3. Once we receive your application and payment, a summary of your information will be posted on the website for other Land Link Montana members. As a member, you will be able to view these on-line listings and request additional information about any other Land Link Montana member. Listings DO NOT include names or contact information. Upon request, we will send you the summarized listings in the mail.
Exploring Potential Matches
4. If you identify a listing that looks like a potential match, contact Annie Heuscher, the Program Manager with the listing number (
, or 406-721-0543). We will then give you more information and can discuss your options further.
5. Once identified, contacting landowners or farm/ranch seekers is your responsibility.
6. Updating the information on your application is up to you. No renewal fee is required. It would be a big help to us if you would keep your file current. You can do so by simply contacting Annie Heuscher.
Establishing a Viable Match
7. If a link is made, we have consultants and legal assistance to inform and facilitate the farm/ranch transfer process. All decisions will be made by the landowner and seeker.