Job Opportunity: Communications and Data Manager
Posted: April 24, 2020
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 5pm.
The Community Food & Agriculture Coalition (CFAC) is seeking a Communications and Data Manager to lead our community outreach, member engagement and program analysis. The position provides support for the Executive Director, and our program staff, with the organization’s overall fund development and marketing plan, using data analysis to inform and enhance our message.
CFAC’s mission is to develop and strengthen Missoula County’s food system: promoting sustainable agriculture; building regional self-reliance; and assuring all citizens equal access to healthy, affordable, and culturally-appropriate food. CFAC facilitates dialogue, education, and collaboration within the community, encouraging creative problem-solving and proactive policy advocacy. It is essential for all staff to whole-heartedly embrace this vision and grassroots approach. As a small organization with a holistic mission, staff contribute to projects across the organization, regardless of their job titles.
Since our beginning, CFAC has operated as a grassroots organization fueled by dedicated volunteers, a small staff, and meaningful partnerships with other organizations and agencies. As we grow, these partnerships have multiplied and strengthened resulting in increased productivity and greater impact across the region. This new staff person will enable us to have one dedicated and knowledgeable person who is well-versed in data collection and interpretation, so we can better showcase our impact on the community in a compelling story.
This new staff person will work with our program staff to collect pertinent and comprehensive data on our programs, clients, and partnerships, and translate that data into a more compelling and impactful outreach message. This attention to our data markers will help us better tell the story of the impact our work has within our food and farm system, both in Missoula and across the region.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for uncovering, interpreting and telling the story that lives within the data.
Data Gathering and Analysis
- Work within CRM and marketing automation tools to set up marketing and fund development campaigns to enable smooth implementation and accurate reporting
- Set up and maintain reporting dashboards (Tableau)
- Compile, compare and analyze membership and outreach data
- Prepare creative and attractive statistical reports on program and organizational impact
- Manage and maintain the CRM database (Salesforce)
- Track and monitor offline and online marketing, including events, email, membership campaigns, to meet fundraising and membership goals
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets to develop recommendations to be used in promoting the organization, and preparing grant reports
- Assist program staff in designing tools, and collecting feedback, including focus groups, member surveys, and others
Communication and Outreach
- Organize events and campaigns to educate and update CFAC members and the public about the organization’s mission, impact and program activities
- Design communications through our website, local news and social media, and compelling written reports
- Write reports and presentations on campaigns, promotions, and marketing initiatives
- Actively lead solid public relationships with community organizations, businesses and individuals
- Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing annual fund development calendar
- Assist programs and Executive Director with grant-writing and grant reporting as needed
Required Job Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or a related field
- 2-5 years experience in Business or Non-profit setting in marketing, communications, or data analysis
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs, Google Analytics, and Tableau (or similar)
- Experience in managing a complex CRM database/software platform (preferably Salesforce)
- Excellent verbal, written, phone and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with team members both within and outside the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex data into creative, attractive marketing materials and reports
- Strong analytic, mathematical and statistical skills; ability to extract insights out of complex datasets and fact-bases
More information about our programs is available on our website: www.MissoulaCFAC.org. This is a full-time, year-round position that reports directly to the Executive Director. CFAC provides a competitive salary ($35,000-39,000) and benefit package.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the Executive Director at Bonnie@MissoulaCFAC.org. The cover letter should cover the following: a) how the applicant has a personal connection to CFAC’s mission and work; b) how the applicant’s past experience will strengthen CFAC’s outreach within the community; and c) how the applicant’s skills and disposition are a good fit for the position and organization (e.g., data analysis, collaboration, writing, public speaking, fundraising, social media expertise, media relations, or other).