Beginning Farmer and Rancher Program Coordinator
Community Food & Agriculture Coalition
Do you love local food, knowing your farmer and rancher, and managing the details? We’re looking for someone who can write passionately about our programs, support and lead events in classrooms and on farms across Western MT, and fit seamlessly into a small, fun-loving team that makes a big impact.
The Community Food & Agriculture Coalition seeks applications for a Beginning Farmer and Rancher Program (BFR) Coordinator. The BFR Program Coordinator works to support the development and growth of farm and ranch businesses in Western Montana and provides resources and support across the state. BFR projects include events and workshops, resource development, technical assistance, financial assistance, and website management. The Program Coordinator will work out of the CFAC office in Missoula, MT with some remote work possible, and reports directly to the Program Manager.
CFAC’s mission is to grow a healthy local food community by conserving farmland, supporting farmers, and making food accessible for all. CFAC facilitates dialogue, education, and collaboration within the community, encouraging creative problem solving and proactive policy advocacy. More information about CFAC’s programs is available on our websites: www.MissoulaCFAC.org and www.farmlinkmontana.org.
- Program Development and Implementation: Work with the BFR Program Manager and other CFAC staff to plan and develop programs that serve the specific needs of Montana beginning farmers and ranchers. Support the development, execution, and evaluation of innovative farmer and rancher educational programs. Responsible for program planning, coordination, and evaluation of events and trainings for aspiring and new farmers including: CFAC’s new Certified Farm Startup program, the Farm Link Montana website, and other projects to be developed.
- Promotions: Create and distribute promotional content for email, social media and traditional media. This includes working with staff to understand program elements and outcomes, writing effective copy, creating graphics and overseeing promotion schedules.
- Farm Link Montana website: Process applications and manage content on Farm Link Montana website and provide excellent customer support to site users. Collect content in collaboration with the communication team for monthly email newsletter.
- Program Evaluation: Support the program evaluation team, including collection and documentation of participant and partner evaluations across BFR Programming.
- Communications: Clearly communicate via email, phone, and in-person with program partners and CFAC members as needed to support BFR work.
- Open-minded and willing to learn about and work with partners of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and collaboratively.
- Farming experience and basic knowledge of local agriculture and food systems; Montana ag experience a plus.
- Understanding of and support for CFAC’s vision of a local food & agriculture system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to engage cooperatively and constructively with a diversity of stakeholders, staff, board members, program participants and volunteers.
- Event planning and implementation experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Google Suite. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Basic design skills required. Experience with Canva and WordPress a plus.
- Limited travel and evening or weekend work may be required on occasion.
- CFAC is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply. This position does not require a college degree; applicable work experience and a strong willingness to learn any of the above skills will be considered. Please reach out to us directly if you have any questions about our qualifications.
This is a full-time staff position, with a starting salary of $36,000. Benefits include generous holidays, personal and sick leave, health, dental and vision insurance paid by CFAC, and matching Health Savings Plan. Applications will be accepted until July 18. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com.