The Community Food & Agriculture Coalition (CFAC) seeks applications for a Farmers Market Support Specialist. The Specialist develops training and technical assistance services that support farmers markets in Montana, their vendor success, and delivery of food access programs.
CFAC leads Montana’s Double SNAP Dollars (DSD) Program, which matches SNAP (food stamp) spending up to $20 per day at farmers markets, farm stands, and grocery stores. DSD supports thousands of Montanans in stretching their food budgets to afford nutritious food from their local farmers. Offering SNAP is the first step in this process and this position will work closely with the DSD team to provide continued assistance to match markets with the DSD program.
This position will also work with CFAC’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Program, which has extensive educational and training resources for producers. This opportunity will help expand these resources to include tools for vendor success at the Farmers Market and for farm-direct food access programs.
The Specialist will work out of the CFAC office in Missoula, MT with some remote work possible, and reports directly to the Food Access Program Manager.
CFAC’s mission is to grow a healthy local food community by conserving farmland, supporting farmers, and making food accessible for all. CFAC facilitates dialogue, education, and collaboration within the community, encouraging creative problem solving and proactive policy advocacy. More information about CFAC’s programs is available on our websites: www.MissoulaCFAC.org.
- Provide technical assistance (TA), problem solving, and customer service to farmers markets and direct-marketing farmers seeking to offer food access programs for their community.
- Provide direct support for accepting SNAP and referrals for accepting WIC Farm Direct and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. Connect markets with grant programs for equipment and technology.
- Develop farmers market manager training tools including a Montana-based toolkit and case studies.
- Help organize regional farmers market vendor trainings and develop vendor resources.
- Clearly communicate via email, phone, and in-person with program partners and CFAC members as needed.
- Maintain data tracking and reporting for CFAC’s technical assistance programs.
- Collaborate with CFAC’s core partners and build relationships between farmers markets, vendors, and our community of practice.
- Open-minded and willing to learn about and work with partners of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and collaboratively.
- Understanding of and support for CFAC’s vision of a local food & agriculture system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to engage cooperatively and constructively with a diversity of stakeholders, staff, board members, program participants and volunteers.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Google Suite. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Limited travel and evening or weekend work may be required on occasion.
- CFAC is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply. This position does not require a college degree; applicable work experience and a strong willingness to learn any of the above skills will be considered. Please reach out to us directly if you have any questions about our qualifications.
This is a full-time staff position, with a starting salary of $36,000. Benefits include generous holidays, personal and sick leave, health, dental and vision insurance paid by CFAC, and matching Health Savings Plan. Applications will be accepted until July 27. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least 3 references to email@example.com.