Kiva.org is an international non-profit, founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, that enables passionate and determined entrepreneurs to access 0% interest small business loans.
How Does CFAC Help?
As a Kiva trustee, CFAC can endorse your loan application, making it more likely that you will be successful in your fundraising. CFAC will assist you through your loan process and continue to check in with you during your repayment period. CFAC also host a Farm Fresh Pitchfest every year to help farmers gain support from the local community.
How to Apply to CFAC to Endorse Your Kiva LoanApply Here
If you have any questions about Kiva loans or want more information on how to be endorsed by CFAC, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t heard from CFAC within three business days of submitting your endorsement applications, please email email@example.com or call us at (406)-926-1004
Note that our review process takes roughly two weeks and Kiva’s review process for your loan takes roughly one week. Whenever we can get back to you more quickly, we will! You can expect that the full process, from endorsement application to full funding will take 1-2 months.
- Tucker Family Farm $10,000 loan to help purchase a cheese press for their creamery.
- Front Street Fungi $9,000 loan to help purchase a steam sterilizer for his local mushroom operation.
- Southbound Flowers $5,000 loan to help cover start-up costs for her new flower farm.
- House of Ferments $6,000 loan to purchase fermentation equipment for her food and beverage business.
- Missoula Vegetable and Grain Co. $8,000 loan to buy a new greenhouse for season extension.
- Little Dancing Dog Farm $5,000 loan to help purchase a walk-behind tractor for their farm.
- SweetRoot Farm – $9,000 loan for a walking tractor and implements.
- Crow’s View Farm – $8,000 loan used to purchase a high tunnel for season extension.
- Black Bear Soup and Produce – $8,000 loan to buy a walk-behind tractor to use on her small farm.
- Hindu Hillbilly – $10,000 loan to help complete a honey house and shop so she can get licensed to sell her honey in the wholesale market.
- Wicked Good Produce – $10,00 loan to purchase a refrigerated truck to expand her local food distribution company.
- Glacier Tilth Farm – $5,000 loan for start-up cash flow for her first year in business.
- Bäckerei Provincial – $3,000 loan to buy mixing and baking equipment for her bakery and bread CSA.
- Flare Pops – $3,000 loan to buy equipment for their start-up ice pop operation.
- Ploughshare Farm – $6,000 loan to upgrade farm equipment and advertising efforts.
- County Rail Farm – $10,000 loan to help set up production at their new location and expand their farm.
Farm Fresh Pitchfest
Each year CFAC hosts an exciting event called “Farm Fresh Pitchfest”. During this event, CFAC endorses up to 5 farmers, ranchers, or local food business owners who apply for a 0% interest, no-fee, up-to- $10,000 crowdfunded Kiva loan. At the free live event, our selected Farm Fresh Pitchfest finalists pitch their Kiva loan projects in front of a live audience of investors, business people, and community members who want to support Montana’s local food system. In the words of one previous finalist, “Pitchfest gave me a great boost to get started and helped spread the word about my business.” You can learn more about last year’s event here. Check back later this year for information on Farm Fresh Pitchfest 2020!